As an executor under a will, you will be responsible for the administration of the estate of the deceased and for the distribution of their assets to the beneficiaries under their Will.
The duties of an executor can be quite demanding with duties including:
- Attending to funeral arrangements
- Identifying the assets and liabilities of the estate and whether or not the estate is solvent
- If required, applying for and obtaining a Grant of Probate
- Preparing and executing the necessary documentation to access assets
- Paying debts, expenses and duties
- Preparing tax returns
- Protecting business interests
- Realising assets and transferring them to the beneficiaries in accordance with the Will
- If required, the ongoing trusteeship of minor’s trusts and life tenancies
If you are an executor under a Will and we act for you in applying for the grant of Probate and administering the estate, we will give to you a copy of our comprehensive brochure about your duties as an executor.